Building a Community

According to the US Environmental Protection Agency, most used clothes end up in landfills. In the United States, only 15% of used clothes are recycled, while the remaining 85% are either incinerated or sent to landfills. This is a huge problem, as clothing production is a major contributor to climate change and pollution.

There are a number of reasons why so many used clothes end up in landfills. One reason is that people often donate their used clothes to thrift stores, but not all thrift stores are able to sell all of the clothes they receive. This means that a lot of donated clothes end up being thrown away.

Another reason why so many used clothes end up in landfills is that people often throw away their clothes when they are no longer in style or when they become damaged. This is a problem because clothing can be recycled or upcycled, which means that it can be reused or repurposed instead of being thrown away.

At prelove you we want to educate people about the environmental impact of clothing production and encourage them to buy less clothing and wear their clothes for longer periods of time.

Here are some of the things you can do to help reduce the amount of used clothes that end up in landfills:

  • Recycle them at prelove you.
  • Donate your used clothes to thrift stores or other organizations that can reuse or recycle them.
  • Buy less clothing and wear your clothes for longer periods of time.
  • Repair your clothes when they become damaged.
  • Upcycle your clothes into new items.
  • Support brands that are committed to sustainability.

By taking these steps, we can help to reduce the environmental impact of the clothing industry and keep used clothes out of landfills.

Shopping Cart